Monday, May 5, 2008

On the excessive use of profanity

All right. I get it. Truly I do. You're angry, and things aren't going your way, and you wish people would just stop and realize how STUPID they are. But honestly, do you truly need to use profanity that much? I mean, I do think a single shit here, or a bit of fuck there, is acceptable. I think, when using profanity, a little goes a long way. But when you say things like "that fucking fucker fucking fucked up the whole fucking thing", the profanity kind of loses its power.

I was just reading a blog, which will remain nameless in order to protect the innocent, and it used the word "fucktard". A lot. More than necessary.

So, please, people, if you're going to curse, by all means, curse. I lived in a dorm, I can curse like a trucker if the situation calls for it, but let's try to bring some class to it, shall we? Hmm?

0 comments: