Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am Red-Carpet Ghetto-Fab

On May 1, 2008, I attended the Greenberg Award Dinner, held at the Plaza Hotel in New York

City. It was a last-minute shopping effort, but I was quite pleased with the outcome.

It was a lovely night, and finally, here is the picture. There are others, but they only reiterate the fact that I need to get my fat ass back to the gym and get my glow-in-the-dark pasty-ass legs into a tanning salon, skin cancer be damned.

Still, I love my dress, and I'm glad I got to go. The honoree was a psychiatrist, which made for interesting dinner conversation, and I got to schmooz with some of the doctors in my office.

Afterwards, to make myself feel more like myself, my friend drove me back to the ghetto in his pimped out honda, blasting K-Rock the entire way.

My life isn't ovelry glamerous, but at least I have my moments.

Update: I just realized this picture makes me look like a "little person". Yes, I am short (5'3"), but not short enough for "midget-tossing". So, Arsenio and Dave, don't get any ideas.

0 comments: