Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Finally Got One!


Duane Keiser is this painter who hosts a blog called Painting a Day. As the title implies, he paints a painting a day - or he tries. Lately, they've been two or three a week. They're what's called "postcard-sized", and once finished, he auctions them off on eBay, usually for $200 - $500. I've bid on a few, but have never won. Curses.

He also does these paintings he calls oddments. They're usually tiny, about 2" x 3", and when posted, he lists them as "available". They cost $100. The first person who emails him and wants it, that's who gets it. I've never gotten there early enough, though.

But today, today, Success!!! I just bought this little number: White Chrysanthemum in a Bubble Bottle. Yay!!!

2 comments:

tracey said...

It's beautiful. I've never heard of him before but I'll be checking out his work. Maybe he toss you a freebie since you plugged his work & blog.

PrincessPi said...

Thanks, Tracey. Yeah, he's awesome. And his occasional live feeds are a kick to watch. In a perfect world, he would take me under his wing and teach me everything he knows, praise my work and tell me I'm the most genius artist he's laid eyes upon, and basically treat me like the princess I am. But in the real world, I'm feel lucky the guy answers my emails.